Post by applemuffins on May 17, 2017 23:13:27 GMT -5
Thanks everyone. Had a few bp spikes in triage so they are keeping me here to do a 24 hour urine collection. Heart rate also was fast, but the ekg was otherwise normal and blood showed good oxygen saturation so the Dr isn't too concerned. So far now it's just the wait and see game. Baby looked good otherwise!
Post by applemuffins on May 18, 2017 10:20:54 GMT -5
I'm literally counting down the time. 11.5 hours left haha. Won't get results until tomorrow, doctor said pre-e doesn't look likely so far, but we won't know until the urine is tested. But regardless, doctor said it looks like I have gestational hypertension and wants to bring baby out once he hits 37 weeks, which is Saturday, so likely won't be going home until he shows up. Was not expecting this at all. Happened pretty suddenly, but I trust it's the right choice and not gonna lie, I'm very ready to be done with all this.
And I've been so hot here!! Ladies, if you've been running on the warm side this pregnancy pack a fan!!
Post by trebletrouble13 on May 18, 2017 12:47:34 GMT -5
I finally got a call to schedule my 36-week ultrasound. I am currently 36w2d. When am I scheduled? For the first available appointment, which is in two weeks, at an office an hour away. The first opening at the local office is June 8th, 5 days before my due date. I have a feeling the OB forgot to put in the order when he told me he would, which was two weeks ago. I'm glad everything has been looking good on the NSTs and amniotic fluid measurements/checks.
Post by brandiewine11 on May 18, 2017 13:13:56 GMT -5
Had my 34 week appointment today. I feel so far behind all of you!!
It was basically uneventful which is good. We've started to talk about natural techniques to help me go into labor which I can start at 37 weeks.
GBS test is at next appointment at 36 weeks.
I do have to schedule a c section in a few weeks but they are not pressing me on when it should be. As long as baby looks good they will let me choose how long I want to wait. So that's nice. They just want it on the books in case I need it.
Now if I could get rid of this nasty cough that would be awesome.
I had my 35 week appt this morning. Weekly from here on out! They estimated 5 lb 12 oz, said baby is head down and because of how low she is, very unlikely to turn at this point (OMG YAY), and all looks good. They did the GBS test, which I should get results from in 2 days (if they call me...which they usually do not). Got a GREAT pic of baby's face, and she looks a lot like her big sister! We went over my birth preferences, and he is on board with everything. Now we wait!
Welp, baby failed his NST again today and did not do well on the BPP. The doctor is having us come back in tomorrow to redo the test and make a plan from there. The nurse said not to worry, but let's be real. Not sure what will happen if he does poorly again tomorrow. Plan may be changed after tomorrow's appointment.
Post by maggie6424 on May 18, 2017 18:36:36 GMT -5
Had my 34 (+4) appt yesterday. I've been having a lot of contractions and pressure. Doc and I were curious as to whether I was dilating, but both agreed it's better to wait to check than to risk causing preterm labor. She wanted to see me in a week instead of two, so we'll do the check and gbs swab next week. I've started expressing and freezing colostrum since my breast reduction significantly reduces my production. I can only do about 3 to 4 minutes before contractions start, so I don't get much. My doc knows nothing about it, and neither do the whopping two lc's the town has. They basically told me to research it and do what was suggested. Small town fail.
applemuffins,will be thinking of you. That is a lot at once!
Another doctor appointment today. This is the first time I saw my regular OB since MFM finally sent him my records from the last visit. It was so reassuring that he would have gone for a second opinion too and that the kidneys are most likely nothing since 95% of them heal with just antibiotics after birth (a fact I wish MFM shared with me). He too was concerned about the fluid on the brain and asked me to get a hard copy of all things at my second opinion to physically bring to him next Thursday when I see him next. He asked if I trust him enough to deliver me at 36/37 weeks if he doesn't like what he sees. He said if things look OK or unchanged, there is no reason to deliver me early, but if it increased, he would rather get him out. Shit just got real. I am 34 weeks 2 days so that is pretty soon.
applemuffins yeah gestational hypertension is no joke, my mom and sister had their firsts early because of it. Good luck on Saturday! cateyes hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and I hope this isn't an indicator of your kid's personality haha. Doesn't follow rules and likes to scare momma
@pa mom wow another baby may be coming soon! I hope all is well, doc likes what he sees, and baby doesn't have to come too early!
bagels-I think this is an indication of his personality! So far any time we try and get a scan, whether elective or medical, he has been stubborn and refuses to move at all. It doesn't matter whether I move, they shake him, or we give him sugar, he just hunkers down and refuses to move!!! So whatever position he is in, that's where he stays!!
Post by applemuffins on May 19, 2017 10:31:55 GMT -5
So, now I'm not being induced this weekend. The team of doctors came in and said my 24 hour urine was fine, and said after reviewing my info, it was just one high blood pressure reading (so why yesterday the dxed me with hypertension I wouldn't know). So now I just have to go in for twice weekly NST and regular weekly ob appointment. I'm a little bummed because I was really excited to meet baby, BUT, I'm glad things are ok overall. I actually suspected they might change their mind because I didn't have any bp readings above 140/90 yesterday that I'm aware of, but they kept saying "most likely" whenever I asked if that was still the plan. I appreciate that they were being so cautious, and glad it's ok, and really eager to go home to DD. But yeah, a little bummed, though grateful
Baby E passed his tests today! Yay! The doctor said we can go back to the original plan of waiting until sometime in week 39 to induce. We are still pushing for later than sooner. Back to trying to rapidly cross off to do list things and get everything in a good spot! Thank for all the good vibes and prayers!!
Literally as we were walking out of our room they stopped us and told us to go back in for a minute. They came in and told us they decided I should go in for an induction Sunday night. So, I'm home now but go back in 2 days. Literal roller coaster!
Post by starsandshamrocks123 on May 19, 2017 13:27:26 GMT -5
applemuffins that's totally frustrating and messes with your head! I remember last time with similar BP issues my OB insisted (starting at like week 35) that I would be induced SOON, so every appt I was expecting to be ushered away to L&D. It ended up being my 39 week appointment that she decided.
Then Comes Family, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising
program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.