Post by somebabiesmom on Apr 11, 2017 7:29:51 GMT -5
1. This is weird, but I crushed my toe on a chair once and almost broke it. It hurt like crazy at first and then, for a minute, it felt good...then it went back to hurting like hell for a long time after that. On a more normal basis, I like how I feel after a workout (but not during).
2. I laugh at everything, so I pretty much regret it all. The worst though is when I laugh to be agreeable and realize midlaugh that I should not be laughing.
1. When I got my tattoo. It is why people get so many I am convinced. It hurt but felt good at the same time. I also like how I feel the day after a good workout. The soreness in my muscles lets me know that I was pushing myself.
2. laughing is never my go to response, but I did laugh at my baby brother when I shouldn't have. When he was like 3 or 4 we were at a hotel and he ran straight into a sliding glass door at full speed. I thought it was hilarious but he actually got a concussion out of it. I was 14 at the time.
Bonus: Sushi. Who would have known that raw fish would appeal to me. I am a picky eater.
Post by justcheckingin73 on Apr 11, 2017 8:03:11 GMT -5
1. When I'm really pushing myself on a run. I don't have the same feeling when I'm pushing myself with squats or crunches.
2. I'm not sure if I've felt bad but I've felt stupid/embarrassed when I've laughed too loud at something. It's typically when I'm uncomfortable in a social situation.
BONUS: I'm a very picky eater but about 15 years ago I went to Emeril's fish restaurant in Vegas and had a seared tuna appetizer that had cucumber and other things in it. It was surprisingly good - esp since I typically won't tough anything raw.
Post by erinshelley21 on Apr 11, 2017 8:22:03 GMT -5
1. When my back gets rubbed so hard it hurts or being too sore to walk the morning after a workout. 2. Probably at something behind DH's back. I'm a nervous laugher. Bonus: food wise - sushi. Habit wise - eating the same thing for lunch every day.
1. Probably the "pain" I sometimes have when I run. I love pushing through and completing my run.
2. I was in a meeting last week with a vendor and it was tense. I laugh when I'm nervous so I cracked a joke about my co-worker. Everyone laughed except him. I apologized after but he didn't care - said that he was just annoyed with the vendor which is why he was so stern.
Bonus: Quinoa. I recently tried it and was surprised that I liked it.
Post by CoverGirl82 on Apr 11, 2017 8:40:38 GMT -5
1. I hate any kind of physical pain, even after exercising, so my answer is related to emotions. I would say one of the emotions I felt when my grandparents passed away was relief. Either they were sick or unhappy at the ends of their lives, so I was "happy" that they were no longer in pain or unhappy.
2. I am a nervous laugher, so I'm sure I laughed inappropriately at some point.
Bonus: I am not an adventurous eater, so I would say I was pleasantly surprised to like hummus.
1. Don't know if this is tmi, but whatever. The pain from letdown when I'd get home from work and get to nurse my babies after being separated all day.
2. I'm evil and laugh during the worst times. MIL kept passing gas at DS's last t-ball game and for some reason I thought it was hilarious. I did at least try to hide my laugh. I'm also bad about laughing when people say something that sounds raunchy but they don't intend for it to. Not ago, my dad was fixing something and kept saying "That's the wrong hole! It's the wrong hole!" I muttered to DH "That's what she said" and had the best laugh ever.
2. I laughed AT someone last week - not meanly, but ... I did. They were drunk and saying something idiotic. I was sober and could not help it. I felt bad because even though they were wrong, I should not have openly laughed.
Post by mustardseed2007 on Apr 11, 2017 9:18:01 GMT -5
1. What is your favorite "good pain," i.e., when pain has felt the best to you?
Massages from my chiro.
2. When was the last time you felt bad for laughing?
Sometimes I have a dark sense of humor. My sister was recently asking me what some good games are for an Easter event she's putting on at church...I had some suggestions that were terrible but they were so bad they made me laugh.
BONUS: Tell us about something that you were surprised to discover that you liked.
The idea of pedicures really skeeved me out, but when I actually got one I loved them. Same with massages actually.
1. Pulling off a band aid or pulling off a blackhead or other type of face mask
2. I laugh all the time when other people do something stupid, especially related to work. I need to try to control that a little better.
Bonus- So many types of food. When I was a kid I was so picky and only at the plainest of plain things. Now I love eating just about anything. Lots of vegetables, condiments like mayonnaise, huge chunks of raw meat, etc.
1. Labor. I had natural childbirth but had to have pitocin both times. I'd heard all the talk of how pit=c-section, so when I realized the pain was way less than a migraine, and breathing really was controlling it, I was elated. C-breaths FTW!
2. Just about daily for something my kids say that is wildly inappropriate though they totally don't mean it that way. Like when DS yells "Stop blowing me!" when DH tells him to take a deep breath and blow it out.
1. When I get a migraine, DH rubs the base of my neck. Pressing on the center of the pain hurts like B, but it also feels so good. 2. Like mommyatty my kids make me crack up daily. The other day DD2 belted out some Hamilton lyrics on her way into the grocery store. Unfortunately those lyrics were "I'm the DAMN FOOL WHO SHOT HIM!!!" Whoops.
1. Definitely the soreness after a long run. I know it's a sign of a good workout & I have enough experience to know it will be gone in time for my next scheduled run. Plus, it's a sign that a big, well-deserved brunch is not far off.
The strangest good pain was contractions (some of them). I knew they weren't a sign of anything wrong and I knew they would each last for only a predictable period of time before I would get a break, so I could "enjoy" finding ways to work through them & come out the other side. Weird.
2. My family cracks jokes to deal with painful situations. We laughed at the gatherings after my mom's and my dad's funerals until I realized any non-family guests might think we were being inappropriate.
3. Broccoli, steak, mashed potatoes--all the things I thought I didn't like growing up b/c my mom made them bland & overcooked to cater to my grandma's tastes (& lack of teeth).
1. Workout soreness, closely followed by the feeling of popping a big zit. So satisfying.
2. I laugh at my clumsy kid about 14 times a day. And then scoop her up and make sure she's ok - but if someone walks in to walls on the regular, you gotta laugh! (And she totally gets that from me, so I feel doubly bad.
Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus - roasting them is about a million times better than the overcooked boiled versions I grew up with.
Post by helenahhandbasket on Apr 11, 2017 12:08:20 GMT -5
1. I'm kind of a wuss, maybe the moment before you sneeze?
2. I usually don't feel bad for laughing at inappropriate things but a friend and I were seated way in the back of a funeral mass for another friend's grandfather. The mass was one of those long catholic masses, and the priest got up to the point where he wanted everyone to pray out loud and everyone starts mumbling softly except a very old woman towards the front. She recited the Lord's Prayer with gusto. For some dumb reason my friend and I found it hysterical and I think we were both biting our lips to stifle our laughter. It was terrible.
Bonus: food? Nothing. Everything that I think I'm going to hate, but have tried anyway, I've hated. Can I be TMI here and say I didn't completely hate a sex position that I thought I would hate?
1. chiropractor-there area couple adjustments that hurt like crazy but then 30 seconds later I feel amazing. Moving my pelvis is the one I'm thinking of.
2. I was laughing after a client left yesterday as they gave the most stupidest excuses on why they were so late. They turned it in 5 days earlier than last year. I love listening to late filers reasons on why they are so late.
3. Salmon- I was a big I don't do seafood girl and have slowly found seafood that I like thanks to DH. It is a very small list Salmon, Tilapia, deep fried clam strips, shrimp pasta. All of these need little to no seasonings otherwise it is a no go and breaded anything seafood other than my clams are yuck.
Then Comes Family, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising
program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.