Post by SassyPants150 on Jan 31, 2015 11:22:15 GMT -5
If you need anything, feel free to tag the current mods: @ feegan or @ squishy622 (without the space) or by private message (PM). Any questions/comments/concerns, ask away!
Sticky Threads: A few common posts are located at the top. These may be hidden to you depending on the platform (web, mobile, tapatalk) you are using: "Multiples Birth Stories" and "Say What?! Crazy Comments".
Weekly Threads: There are a few weekly threads that we have. If you see that one hasn't been started, feel free to jump in and post it! We don't care if it's a few days late either.
- Monday Multiple Pregnancy Check-In (Check in for those pregnant with multiples)
- Biweekly PoM Check-In (Check In for current parents of multiples)
- Feeding Check-In (Check In for those BFing, EPing, FFing, and introducing solids) -- This is on hiatus until it is determined to be a need again, please say something if you'd like to see it back up and running!
- HDBD (Wednesday Hump Day Bump/Baby Day - We want to see bumps and babies!)
Twin Differences: Mo/Di, Di/Di, Identical, Fraternal, what? The shorthand you see here often refers to what your twins share in the womb.
- Di/Di= two placentas and two amniotic sacs
- Mo/Di= one placenta and two amniotic sacs
- Mo/Mo= one placenta and one amniotic sac
If you're more of a visual person, this may help:
FAQ: So, since my twins are di/di, are they automatically fraternal?
- Not necessarily, some percentages estimate around 25-30% of di/di twins are in fact identical.
FAQ: How can I tell if my twins are identical?
- You may need a DNA test to determine whether your twins are identical. The test (zygosity determination) will establish whether your twins are identical (monozygotic) or fraternal (dizygotic). It involves sending a small swab of cheek cells to a laboratory. These cells are taken by sweeping a cotton bud along the inside your twins' mouths.
Answers by PoM:
How were your multiples delivered?
When were your multiples delivered?
How much weight should I expect to gain?
Multiples Product Recommendations
Advice from Parents of Multiples
How were your multiples conceived?