1. Purées, BLW, both? We starred with purees, but dd2 hasnt been into it recently so we're switching to finger foods.
2. What have you tried? Purees- carrots, pears, prunes, mango, squash, chicken, turkey, peas, green beans, yogurt Finger foods- steamed broccoli, pears, carrots, zucchini, peas, rotisserie chicken, blueberries, scrambled eggs. I did strawberries in the mesh feeder.
3. What do baby like and dislike? She's liked all the finger foods and to be honest there wasn't anything she didn't like for purees that sticks out. I think strawberries in the mesh feeder has been her favorite.
4. What do you to try next? I may start spreading the rest of the purees I have on bread or something to get rid of them. I'm nervous about breads and stuff for constipation though. I want to get peanut butter done too. And shredded cheese is on the list.
Is there anything other than honey and milk that we're not supposed to be giving?
Post by iwantbacon on Apr 30, 2017 19:26:34 GMT -5
1) Purees. He tried a mummum and kept trying to spit the pieces that broke off in his mouth out. So not quite at finger food yet. 2) Peas, sweet potato, carrots, butternut squash, green beans, Apple, banana, peach, pears, pumpkin (thanks, Gerber). 3) liked everything so far. Really likes banana 4) Avocado, since the last one I bought turned bad.
1. We've been doing BLW at home for a couple weeks. I started sending purees to daycare last week for them to do 1x per day. 2. Avocado, banana, strawberries, squash, sweet potato, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, toast with peanut butter, waffles, Cheerios, carrots. 3. He loves smushing and gumming just about everything. He does gag a little bit, but then keeps on going. 4. Nothing in particular. We pretty much just give him whatever we have on hand.
We started purees at 4 months old. We went to the Step 2 pretty quickly because DS is a hungry boy.
He's had almost every Gerber Step 1 and Step 2 food I can find in the various stores. He loves them all, including all the weird combinations. e didn't like plain peas at first, but now he gobbles them up.
He hates the Step 3 foods that have the little cubed up chunks of food, but he loves and does great with diced up table food, so I think we'll be moving onto 100% table food before too long. This weekend he ate ham, roasted potatoes and broccoli. And pizza. He was begging me for it as I was eating it, so I gave home some of the soft dough with the sauce on it and he loved it. He even likes pastrami with spicy mustard, and egg salad. He's liked everything he's tried so far, except for asparagus - he cried when it was in his mouth. He's had all kinds of foods...fruit, pasta, meat, veggies. I hope he stays a good eater, but I'm not holding my breath.
1. Purées, BLW, both? Mostly purées with BLW at home.
2. What have you tried? I have no idea. Whatever looks good while I'm grocery shopping. He usually gets oatmeal, breast milk, and some fruit puree mixed together for breakfast and another jar of veggies for lunch at school. Dinner time is usually whatever we have - he was gnawing corn on the cob last night.
3. What do baby like and dislike? Hates asparagus. He loves orange slices, apple slices, strawberries, corn on the cob, and egg.
4. What do you to try next? Avocado and I need to mix some peanut butter into something for him too. Maybe I'll do that in his oatmeal next weekend.
Since we waited to intro food until 6 months, he is getting whatever food I can get him to eat. We started with veggie purees and mum mums. I moved week 2 into fruits and I stopped waiting for allergies. I feed him the food and if there's no reaction that day, I move on. He's eating stage 2 and the mixes. I think banana constipated him so I stayed away from that. He liked the blueberry pears and likes applesauce. He loves the orange veggies but does not like green beans. Peas are okay. I have pear, sweet potatoes, and avocado for him to try in long strips. Just need to read up on how to prepare it. We are working on spoon feeding and pincer grasp- he didn't love the solid carrot pieces though- some gagging there. I probably won't try stage 3s since DS1 hated them. I'll just go to soft foods. Hopefully quickly because purees are annoying but easy on the go.
1. Purées, BLW, both? Mostly puree at the moment, DH is too scared to let me do the BLW. But I think we're almost there because DS is getting better at keeping the food in his mouth. We have been giving him small tastes of table food.
2. What have you tried? Most vegetables, a little banana.
3. What do baby like and dislike? He really love the summer squash. He's loved most everything. Dislikes carrots and parsnips though.
4. What do you to try next? I'm hoping to do sweet potato fries for him this week (steamed). Maybe do some carrots with apple for him. And start doing a little rice maybe. And some of those rice puffs.
My baby munched little bits of watermelon. He loved it. I tried big chunks but he has a good ability to pick up the smaller pieces already so I'm going with that. He also ate some corn but without any teeth most was coming back out.
Have you tried mum mums or anything he can pick up himself?
No, but I should.
I remember your baby had pretty good head control and sitting, right? He might just want to put things in his own mouth. I've been surprised with how much better this babes pincer grasp and mobility is than my first. My first could barely do the purees. This kid can suck applesauce out of the pouch and drink a sippy cup and pick up puffs or bits of food. There's no way my oldest could do any of that at this point.
Then Comes Family, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising
program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.