Post by colinsfebmommy on Aug 5, 2016 8:49:36 GMT -5
1. How is work going? Work is good. Nothing really new to report here.
2. How is home? LO doing any new tricks? Home is busy being working mom, I get home and run around trying to do 30 things and spend time with my kids and make dinner. It is exhausting. LO is pulling up like crazy, she is now making kissing noises when you ask for a kiss lol She is a ray of light after a long day at work. Both my kids are. I wish I could hold on tight to both and snuggle them forever.
3. GTKY: I've seen all these "love your spouse" posts on Facebook...so tell us your favorite memory of you and your partner. Right now my husband and I are still working through a rough spot so saying something nice will do me some good. My favorite memory of my H and me is really the day I told him I was pregnant. The feelings were amazing and his expression was priceless. I literally never felt closer to him.
Post by flyliceandcoffee on Aug 5, 2016 10:24:09 GMT -5
1. How is work going? meh. i got my promotion, but nobody knows I got my promotion because of various hr and political bullshit. it'll be announced sometime....but it's been a month already so yah, not holding my breath on that one.
2. How is home? LO doing any new tricks? He LOVES to stand. He's gotten pretty good at moving from one thing to another without falling down so that's been fun. His teachers at school actually think he might start walking before some of his older friends. I doubt it since he can't let go of anything without falling yet, but I guess we'll see.
3. GTKY: I've seen all these "love your spouse" posts on Facebook...so tell us your favorite memory of you and your partner. Hrmmmmmmm....that might actually be our first date. We spent 8+ hours hanging out that very first day. It was supposed to be lunch but we ended up talking and hanging out through lunch past dinner into the evening. I knew from that day on that he was something special.
Post by sassypantzz on Aug 5, 2016 11:20:49 GMT -5
1. How is work going? Great! Love my job and it hasn't changed
2. How is home? LO doing any new tricks? Home is wonderful and busy and DS is now cruising. HELP ME SEND WINE
3. GTKY: I've seen all these "love your spouse" posts on Facebook...so tell us your favorite memory of you and your partner. I have so many. When we first started dating and he wrote me a song, the time he showed up with all of the things to make a blanket together, every single homecoming from deployments, how much he stepped up when DS arrived, His support in me taking a pay cut, the way he talked about me a few nights ago... honestly I just have so many great memories so that is probably a good thing lol
1. work: Now that I've decided to try and get to a part time schedule a bunch of great opportunities keep opening up at work. Ugh. I've had to turn a few down and one I'm pursuing and I guess we'll see what happens if I actually get it.
2. home: F is pulling up and wants to stand ALWAYS. still no interest in crawling and we are going through some separation anxiety right now. It is interesting trying to figure out how my WFH days will go - DH seems to take them as "mom is home and will take care of baby" days but I really do need to work so that can't be the case the whole day.
3. GTKY: We've been together a LONG time. Some of my favorites: DH planned a surprise trip to see Radiohead (one of my favs) - including arranging my work schedule and packing for me (actually did a great job!). We traveled a TON pre-baby and while we have vastly different pre-travel styles one vacation we sync so well and have a great time.
1. How is work going? Busy, hence the late response to this! But it's good. Just when I was starting to feel more comfortable with my skills in the Medicare space, I made a mistake. A careless one, and in truth, NBD, but this sort of thing weighs on me. I hate making mistakes mostly because I hate making someone else (ie, my boss) have to deal with the fallout, if there is any. Sigh. But I still LOVE LOVE LOVE working from home.
2. How is home? LO doing any new tricks? Pulling up all over the place. Attempting to eat her weight in almost anything off my plate. And the way she adores her brother is so awesome. The feeling is definitely mutual between them, although it's funny to see him start to realize she wants his things. She'll try to take a car and he'll say "no baby sister, this one is mine...here, you have this one."
3. GTKY: I've seen all these "love your spouse" posts on Facebook...so tell us your favorite memory of you and your partner. I love the memories of seeing him tear up (wedding, kiddos births) so those are my favorite. But we have a lot of great memories traveling around Europe...one of my favorites was when he booked tickets for us to travel by ferry. He booked the wrong ferry, which meant we left the port 2 hrs earlier than he thought. We had to speed through the countryside in order to make it on time, but did! Might have been the very last car on, but we made it!
1. How is work going? It's going well. I survived being the boss for a week. I even fought a few battles. I'm trying to decide if management would be the right career path for me. Basically I'm trying to figure out a career path.
2. How is home? LO doing any new tricks? She's doing all the tricks. Walking with her walker, walking holding on to only one of our hands. Crawling to places where she can pull up to walk. Crawling to the dog, seriously the dog is her new BFF. Standing unassisted for brief periods of time. Oh, not so nice tricks include separation anxiety and standing in her crib crying rather than sleeping.
3. GTKY: I've seen all these "love your spouse" posts on Facebook...so tell us your favorite memory of you and your partner. Oh man......I have a lot of them. One is that when we first started dating he wanted to spend as much time with me as possible and when I asked him if he could ice skate, he said sure. Well, being as he's from California he'd only done it once or twice in the past. (I'm from MI, I can skate rings around him). So he spent most of the time stuck to the wall or letting me skate him around the rink. But, he was a such a good sport and I knew we could have a lot of fun in life.
Post by yummeecookee on Aug 8, 2016 13:25:21 GMT -5
1. How is work going? Things have picked up a little bit that's ok bc its been keeping me busy and making the days go quickly.
2. How is home? LO doing any new tricks? He's been cruising for quite sometime now. He's been getting nosy though. He tries to open cabinets, I've seen him lift up the toilet lid. I'm like "dude, just leave stuff alone!" He's been babbling more and more also. He sometimes makes a sound like "ma-ma-ma-ma-ma." Originally I had brushed it off as baby babble but I swear he's been doing it more like right when I pick him up or if he's upset and wanting me to hold him. I just don't really think it's possible that he could be purposefully doing that. But it's hard to ignore that only does it for me and not mh.
3. GTKY: I've seen all these "love your spouse" posts on Facebook...so tell us your favorite memory of you and your partner. Some of my favorite times have been trips together, we had a blast our first time in Vegas and we really spoiled ourselves when we went to Costa Rica. I also have the Rose-colored glasses for when we moved to Hawaii. It was so thrilling starting that new adventure w him, far from home, far from family- just me and him making our way and depending on each other.
Post by ldubhawksfan on Aug 8, 2016 18:46:18 GMT -5
1. How is work going? It's going. I had lunch with some old coworkers a few weeks ago and one called to offer me a job. While I wouldn't mind working with him, the commute is the same, a big company, he basically said he works 10 HR days. Right now I enjoy a boss who pays for my benefits, allows me to work 32 hrs, am hourly so 8 hour days with rare OT times, and my boss added IF insurance when we were TTC DD. I don't think there is enough incentives to leave for such a lateral position. If I change jobs, it's something super close to home! Work itself isn't amazing, but the flexibility I'm allowed is invaluable.
2. How is home? LO doing any new tricks? Crawling, pulling herself up, walking assisted, her eating solids has really picked up too. Oh and waving.
3. GTKY: I've seen all these "love your spouse" posts on Facebook...so tell us your favorite memory of you and your partner. Probably when we went on our first trip to Italy and Greece. It was just so amazing to explore something new with him and let our guards down completely because it was the first time with each other for that long and out of the comforts of one of our apartments.
TTC #1 starting July 2013, RE last 2014 First Angel baby lost July 11, 2014 IUI #1 with injections successful: EDD 11/24/15 Rainbow baby DD born 11/14/15 TTC#2 October 2016 Second Angel baby lost Jan 5, 2017
1. How is work going? We're just ramping up. The 4th was our first P/D day and the first two days were fucking booooooooring. Like I can read a PP and understand data. Why are we not discussing best practices? Why are we not doing anything as a faculty? It's horribly dry. But today was schedule pick up day and it was energizing to see the students. I really feel like I'm a better person when I'm around them and not just home all day.
2. How is home? LO doing any new tricks? She's cruising pretty well now! She's also napping in her crib and going to sleep easily at night, most of the time. She also ate blackened chicken like a champ the other day. She wouldn't eat the other things I put in front of her like green beans, and regular roasted chicken. She waited for me to get more of the good stuff from the buffet lolol.
3. GTKY: I've seen all these "love your spouse" posts on Facebook...so tell us your favorite memory of you and your partner. Hmm...we alternate from being incredibly serious, to really weird/inappropriate, to really goofy. We have a lot of laughs at very strange things that other people would never find funny. Like about a year ago or so, H would sing "My name is (husband's name) pew pew!" while we went grocery shopping, for no reason other than it made me laugh uncontrollably. It's not really that funny, but at the time it was. I think other people would think I am too weird to bother with, but H understands my strange mind.
Post by squeakyduck on Aug 11, 2016 19:07:25 GMT -5
Work: I'm going back to school! Getting my MBA. I'm nervous. I'll still be working ft while doing it. Baby: he's doing so well. He's not delayed on his gross motor skills, he just has an aversion to using his left arm and hand, but as his sitting balance gets better, he uses left more and more. He can scoot just a tiny bit now, and take steps with assistance. He also self feeds with his fingers. MH: it's hard to just pick one! A good one was our road trip from CO to TX. It was right after we got engaged and we had a blast camping at Roswell.
1. How is work going? Work sucks. There have been schedule and people changes, and working with people I cannot stand that I normally dont work with. Its going to be a long holiday season...Only saving grace is I am still off on Friday and Saturdays.
2. How is home? LO doing any new tricks? Home is good. DS makes me feel so special when I come home and I love it. MAkes my crap work days all the better. Transitioning to a later shift in a few weeks is going to be hard as I will miss bedtime..
3. GTKY: I am not a fan of the spouse challenge...LOL...we have few pics together to be honest...DH hates the camera...but as for one memory...I am going to be like the others...cant think of one..
Then Comes Family, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising
program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.