Post by mtnmomma13 on Aug 18, 2016 19:04:32 GMT -5
Hi Ladies! Sorry for the miss last week...I had two sick kiddos and a sick DH last week. So needless to say it was a bit crazy!
I saw this article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/10-things-happy-moms-do-differently_us_57b488a6e4b0b3bb4b0890a4?) and thought it was interesting and wanted to share. There were definitely parts that I found myself saying "yep...let that one go a looooong time ago" and others I was thinking "yep...really need to do that more".
1. Would you say you are a happy mom? Do you find yourself guilty of doing anything she recommends against?
2. How are things at work?
3. How are things at home?
4. GTKY: How much Olympics have you watched in the past two weeks?
Post by sassypantzz on Aug 19, 2016 8:24:55 GMT -5
1. Yes I would say I am a very happy mom, and I also can say I wasn't always this way either.. especially after my first. And I think this article isn't the most well written, but its message is great all the same. I used to be guilty of a lot but I can honestly say I am pretty much on point since #2.
2. Work is fantastic. I have a work trip to CA scheduled for next month. I am a little wary of leaving the kids with DH for 4 straight days. Just hoping to come back with them all in one piece haha. So I am admittedly, a bit nervous.
3. Home is great. No real change there, just working around the little boy who tries to get hurt on EVERYYYTHING.
4. Just a moderate amount. I catch it every now and again, but depending on the event I will watch some and skip by others.
Post by flyliceandcoffee on Aug 19, 2016 10:18:03 GMT -5
1. Would you say you are a happy mom? Do you find yourself guilty of doing anything she recommends against? -- I think I'm getting there. I've been incredibly lucky to have a work environment where a good portion of the people in our office have kids and understand the responsibilities of having kids and how that can affect when you're in the office, etc. That makes it easier to leave when I have to leave or "work" from home when I have a sick kid (that's been happening a lot this year it seems). I am guilty of not leaving work at work though. Sometimes it's just not feasible which sucks.
2. How are things at work? Busy. I'm in meetings almost all day everyday which makes the day go fast, but at the same time I feel like I'm never getting anything done.
3. How are things at home? Lots of sickness going around here too. S was sick last week, we're leaning towards HFM but because she never got blisters on her hands/feet, we couldn't confirm. K is pulling up and cruising everywhere, really beginning to annoy his sister I think hahaha.
4. GTKY: How much Olympics have you watched in the past two weeks? Heh, probably too much....we have it on every night because I will confess I am an Olympics junkie.
Post by mtnmomma13 on Aug 19, 2016 10:59:37 GMT -5
1. Would you say you are a happy mom? Do you find yourself guilty of doing anything she recommends against? Overall yes, I am very happy. I've definitely found myself erring more on the IDGAF side of the fence than the have to keep up with others side. In general I do things that make me happy and have no illusions I'm the only one who does a lot. I am guilty of not taking enough me time. DH and I were talking a few weeks ago and I realized I've let all my hobbies fall by the wayside since having kids. Part of it was out of necessity (can't really go skiing/mtn biking all day while breast feeding/pregnant), part is out of me not wanting to spend time away from the kids when I have so little to begin with. But I'm hoping as they both get older and a bit more independent I'll be able to get back into the swing of my old hobbies.
2. How are things at work? Good...busy. We've had someone out every week since mid-July and we're starting to flounder a little. Plus, being down 1.5 people is hard (we have a new hire that isn't fully up to speed yet). I'm hopeful we'll get back into the swing of things and catch up a little. I just really wish people would stop submitting requests for things they know fully well will be denied. Its a waste of time.
3. How are things at home? Well, last week sucked big time. DS was so sick with such a high fever...he actually had hallucinations one night. We've never had him sleep in our bed, and did on Thurs night because he was terrified about worms in his bed. He screamed when I sat down on the bed because I was going to get worms on me. It was one of the scariest moments I've had as a parent. Thankfully my nurse friend calmed me down (at midnight...bless her) and we got through the night. DD had her flu shot on Wed and was cranky all day yesterday. So I'm just really hoping we can turn a corner, just in time to get into cold and flu season. Yay! Sigh.
4. GTKY: How much Olympics have you watched in the past two weeks? Every night that we haven't had sick kids to worry about. And I may or may not have had it streaming every day while working (my personal computer is next to my work one). I was a swimmer for 10 years, so I LOOOOOOOOVE that swimming gets prime billing once every four years
1. Would you say you are a happy mom? Do you find yourself guilty of doing anything she recommends against? Yes, I am fairly happy. I'm lucky enough to have a flexible enough job that I get a decent amount of time with the kiddo. I'm trying to start putting myself back up front (diet and exercise). I will say that our marriage is in a rough spot, but we're both committing to work on it. I don't bring work home with me. I really wish there was like an extra hour in the day.
2. How are things at work? Fine
3. How are things at home? We need a date night. We finally sucked it up and found a sitter through Care.com. We're going to wind up paying 100 bucks for a movie night, but we HAVE to get out.
4. GTKY: How much Olympics have you watched in the past two weeks? A lot. We've had it on pretty much whenever we're home.
Post by colinsfebmommy on Aug 22, 2016 10:58:44 GMT -5
mtnmomma13, sorry about your DS that sounds awful! Poor kid.
1. Would you say you are a happy mom? Do you find yourself guilty of doing anything she recommends against? I am a happy mom but I am also guilty of being OCD which is hard for me. ex: Yes I want to play with you kid but I see the dishes need to be loaded and I get anxiety knowing they aren't done. I need to learn to relax.
2. How are things at work? Things at work are fine, I took last Thrs ad Fri off and it was a much needed break from here.
3. How are things at home? Home is ok, working on my relationship can be challenging but next month we celebrate 6 months so that is nice. LO is into EVERYTHING and would like me to hold her at all times lol she clings on me like a monkey. She is pulling up on everything and her favorite thing is to splash in the dogs water bowl
4. GTKY: How much Olympics have you watched in the past two weeks? Pretty much as much as I can from when we get home till about 11 at night it is on. I enjoyed it.
Post by sunfrogger88 on Aug 22, 2016 20:34:30 GMT -5
1. I have learned to let a lot go to be the happy mom, and I love it. But like everyone else my interests have fallen to the side, I'd rather spend the time with E while she is so so little. I like to sew and I'm actually destashing a bit.
2. Wish me luck on the interview I had today!
3. Home is okay. Is a lot of back and forth with MH job. We stress a lot about money. And we could use some alone time. We're working on it. It feels like we're getting into a stride. Well, that and I'm not a miserable asshole on the mini pill anymore.
Then Comes Family, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising
program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.