New to Mental Wellness? Read this first! Jun 14, 2015 13:16:47 GMT -5
Post by juliayadda on Jun 14, 2015 13:16:47 GMT -5
Mental Wellness Newbie Blog
Welcome to Mental Wellness.m
Mental Wellness is a safe place to share struggles and triumphs from your life. If you are feeling stressed, suffering from a mental illness or anxious about a change in your future, we are hear to listen.
We also welcome those who have had similar experiences in the past to share their personal insights and advice.
Things to consider when posting in Mental Wellness:
- What happens on MW stays on MW
- Even if a member shares their story or struggle on the public board, we ask you to not share anything said on MW anywhere else on Then Comes Family.
- We want people to feel safe posting.
- Many people who are suffering from mental illness have certain triggers that can cause a spiral. We ask that you use your best judgement when posting something that could be a trigger by using ***trigger warnings*** and ‘spoilers’ in the case of particularly triggering content.
- Here are some common triggers:
- Death of a loved one (particularly when it is relating to a mental illness)
- Loss of a pregnancy
- Loss of a pet
- Eating Disorders (discussion of behaviors and weight loss/gain)
- Announcement of a new pregnancy (BFP)
- Disturbing news from the world or popular culture (i.e.: the recent Duggar controversy)
Monday: Goal Setting
- Use this thread to set goals for any aspect of your life, whether it is MW related or not.
Tuesday: Mental Wellness Check-in
- This check-in is geared to your MW struggles. You do not have to have a formal diagnosis to participate, and as always share as much or as little as you want
Thursday: Thankful Thursday
- Sometimes we need to sit back and remember what we are thankful for.
Bi-Weekly: Check-in for current and recovering insomniacs
- Various techniques for developing and maintaining healthy sleep habits are discussed.
Our confidential board is a place to discuss topics that participant may not feel comfortable sharing publicly. Please contact juliayadda or @wallflwr926 for the password.
What should you do if you feel out of control:
We are NOT mental health professionals and nothing said on Then Comes Family or Mental Wellness should take precedence over the advice of your doctor or therapist. If you feel your anxiety, depression or feelings of dread are becoming too much, please consult a professional immediately.
USA Suicide Hotline:
Canada Crisis Lines:
Find a crisis line in your area
International Crisis lines:
If you are out of US or Canada please use this site to find a crisis line in your Country
*** To keep this post clean for newbies I have locked it to replies. While we are in the development stages of this post, please add any suggestions or constructive criticism to the board guidelines discussion already pinned ***